Transfer from the airport to the hotel for a short break, lunch on your own.
We begin with the pick up of our visitors between 1:00 p.m. and 1:15 p.m. From their respective hotels in the city of Cusco, then continue with the visit of the following tourist attractions of the city tour or combined.
Qoricancha Temple. -
Gold and silver plated walls during the time of the Incas, precious metals had no economic value, but religious, their perfect architecture and stone constructions reflect that it was one of the most important precincts of the Inca empire.
Sacsayhuaman.- Temple with megalithic construction, is located 2 km from Cuzco, in this place the festival of the sun (Inti Raymi) is currently celebrated on June 24 of each year.
Qenqo.- Its name in Quechua means “labyrinth” and is located 6 kilometers from the city of Cusco, This archaeological site was like a ceremonial and mummification center.
Puca Pucara.- In Quechua it means "Red Fortress".
Tambomachay.- It is located 12 km. of the city, known as the Inca baths, due to the shape of its water sources, it could also be an enclosure dedicated to the cult of water.
DAY 2: SACRED VALLEY OF THE INCAS
The Sacred Valley of the Incas or Vilcanota Valley, is located between the towns of Pisaq with its artisan market and Ollantaytambo, it is beautiful, suggestive and was highly appreciated by the Incas, due to its special conditions such as the beneficial climate and generous fertility of their lands.
Ollantaytambo, to visit the Archaeological Complex of Ollantaytambo, after visiting this important archeological center (if you do not spend the night in the sacred valley or do not decide to go to Machu Picchu this day), we will return to Chinchero and its hardworking experts in production of textiles.
DAY 3: TOUR TO MACHU PICCHU ONE DAY
The tour starts early in the morning when we pick you up from your hotel. Then we depart to the train station located in the city of Poroy or Ollantaytambo according to your choice and the availability of trains. We board the train to the Inca city of Machu Picchu.
Travel time is approximately 4 hours from the moment we pick you up at the hotel. From the town of Aguas Calientes the buses are taken to make the ascent to the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu that lasts approximately 25 minutes. Accompanied by a professional guide we start the tour for approximately 2 hours. After the tour, you descend to the town of Aguas Calientes to have lunch in one of the varied restaurants and make shopping if you want.
In the afternoon we will take the train back to Ollantaytambo and then to Cusco, the return also lasts 4 hours from the train station to the hotel, upon arriving at the Ollantaytambo or Poroy train station, we will be waiting for you to take you to your hotel .
DAY 4: MORAY CIRCUIT - SALINERAS DE MARAS
We pick you up from your hotel at 08:30 am to take you to the first archeological center visiting Moray or Muray (Quechua), this archeological center is unique in its kind. In this place we will observe the different terraces, aqueducts of agricultural experimentation, each level or platform served as a planting place for its climatic conditions and other characteristics, it was an important center of domestication, acclimatization and hybridization of wild plant species that were modified or adapted for human consumption
Then we go to the Salineras, this salt has been obtained in Maras by the evaporation of salt water from a local underground stream, there are more than 3,000 small salt wells that are managed by the town of the same name, in fact this salt is treated for human consumption, return to Cusco approximate arrival at 2 pm. Free afternoon.
DAY 5: MOUNTAIN OF 7 COLORS.
Listed by the NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC magazine as one of the 100 places to visit before you die, wonderful, right?
Questions & Answers
What time does this tour depart from Puerto Maldonado and arrive back in?
Arriving by bus?
- For people arriving by bus we start at 8:30 a.m departing from our office in Puerto Maldonado
Arriving by Plane?
- The first plane arriving to Puerto Maldonado is around 10:00 am and the last plane arrives at 4 p.m , so our first group will start the tour around 11:20
- For peope arriving later than 12:00 pm we will start tour around 1:00 p.m, for LATAM airlines arriving at 4:00 p.m we will start thetour as soon as posible
Already in Puerto Maldonado?
- For people that are already in a hotel the pick up will be around 8:00 a.m and start tour at 8:30 a.m approximately
What to bring for this 4 days tambopata tour?
Amazon Rainforest suggested list excursion
- Backpack rain cove
- Mesh laundry bag
- Toiletry bag with hygiene essentials
- one quart largemouth water bottles (we will provide you with water so you can refill it any time)
- Small headlamp with a L.E.D. bulb & extra batteries
- water shoes ( We will provide you with rubber boots at Jungle Lodge)
- Chaco o Teva type sandals
- 1 bottle of DEET bug repellent
- 1 bottle of sun screen (waterproof)
- 4 pairs of socks
- 4 pairs of underwear
- 1 bathing suits
- 2 shorts
- 1 rain jacket or plastic poncho
- 1 long sleeve shirts
- 4 short sleeve shirts
- winter jacket and shell
- 1 sweatshirts or sweaters
- wide brim hat
Pocket size English/Spanish dictionary
Guide book for Peru (lonely planet, rough guide, or similar) At least 1 novel to read
- 1 set Gore-Tex (or similar waterproof breathable material) pants and jacket storm gear
- Watch with alarm
- snorkel, fins, mask
- approach or summer hiking boot
- digital camera
Useful things to know before you go
- S/. Sol
- $/. Dollar
There are no vaccines required to enter Peru. If you decide to take medicines. These are suggested indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel.
- For HEPATITIS B
Recommended for Peru. Normally 2 months before travel.
- For RABIES
Recommended for Peru. Normally 1 month before travel.
- For YELLOW FEVER
Recommended for Peru. Normally 10 days before travel.
- Depending on the accommodation in the jungle, electricity hours are limited during the day, most hotels offer several hours in the evening, usually until 10 pm, allowing travelers to charge their personal items.