1st day: Pick up from the Airport - Hotel in Cusco and City Tour (01:30 PM)
Pick up from your hotel to start your city tour in Cusco.
City Tour in the city of Cusco (You will visit the Cathedral, Q´oricancha, Sacsayhuaman, K´enko, Pukapukara and Tambomachay). ending return to Cusco. Overnight at your hotel in Cusco.
Second day: Tour to Machupicchu for one day
Pick up from your hotel on average 05:00 AM. or 03:50 AM to Ollantaytambo station.
You will board the PeruRail or IncaRail company train, the departure time of your train could be 06:10 AM or 07:45 AM for your trip from Ollantaytambo-Machupicchu town.
Your guide will be waiting for you at the Machupicchu Pueblo train station. You will go by bus with your guide to Machu Picchu. From 2 hours to 2 hours guiding.
Return by Expedition train 18:20 PM (or according to train availability) to Ollantaytambo and transfer to Cusco at your hotel.
Night at your hotel in Cusco.
3th day: Free morning or afternoon - Transfer hotel / airport
According to the time for your return trip, you could take the opportunity to walk a little through the city center, visit some museums, buy handicrafts, etc.
Questions & Answers
What time does this tour depart from Puerto Maldonado and arrive back in?
Arriving by bus?
- For people arriving by bus we start at 8:30 a.m departing from our office in Puerto Maldonado
Arriving by Plane?
- The first plane arriving to Puerto Maldonado is around 10:00 am and the last plane arrives at 4 p.m , so our first group will start the tour around 11:20
- For peope arriving later than 12:00 pm we will start tour around 1:00 p.m, for LATAM airlines arriving at 4:00 p.m we will start thetour as soon as posible
Already in Puerto Maldonado?
- For people that are already in a hotel the pick up will be around 8:00 a.m and start tour at 8:30 a.m approximately
What to bring for a 3 days jungle tour?
Amazon Rainforest suggested list excursion
- 1 Backpack rain cove
- Mesh laundry bag
- Toiletry bag with hygiene essentials
- one quart largemouth water bottles (we will provide you with water so you can refill it any time)
- Small headlamp with a L.E.D. bulb & extra batteries
- 1 pair or water shoes ( We will provide you with rubber boots at Jungle Lodge)
- Chaco o Teva type sandals
- 2 bottle of DEET bug repellent
- 1 bottle of sun screen (waterproof)
- 3 pairs of socks
- 3 pairs of underwear
- 1 bathing suits
- 1 shorts
- 1 rain jacket or plastic poncho
- 1 long sleeve shirts
- 3 short sleeve shirts
- 1 sweatshirts or sweaters
- wide brim hat
Pocket size English/Spanish dictionary
Guide book for Peru (lonely planet, rough guide, or similar) At least 1 novel to read
- 1 set Gore-Tex (or similar waterproof breathable material) pants and jacket storm gear
- Watch with alarm
- snorkel, fins, mask
- approach or summer hiking boot
- digital camera
Useful things to know before you go
- S/. Sol
- $/. Dollar
There are no vaccines required to enter Peru. If you decide to take medicines. These are suggested indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel.
- For HEPATITIS B
Recommended for Peru. Normally 2 months before travel.
- For RABIES
Recommended for Peru. Normally 1 month before travel.
- For YELLOW FEVER
Recommended for Peru. Normally 10 days before travel.
- Depending on the accommodation in the jungle, electricity hours are limited during the day, most hotels offer several hours in the evening, usually until 10 pm, allowing travelers to charge their personal items.