IDay 01: CUSCO – LARES – WACAHUASI
Transfer from the hotel at 5 am approx. then we will go to the town of Lares on the way we can appreciate the majestic sacred valley with its fertile lands, then we arrive at the small town of calca (2,940 masl) passing through the small villages of Totora and Maucaupata where the inhabitants dress with their typical costumes, and are mostly dedicated to textile, agriculture and livestock.
Finally, after a trip of approx. 4 hours we arrive at Lares (3,200 masl) visit to the thermal baths to take a refreshing bath. After lunch after having contacted our muleteers, we started the hike arriving at our first camp in 4 hours Wacahuasi (3,600 masl) we had a hot drink with snacks - dinner - overnight.
Day 02: WACAHUASI -IPSAYCOCHA – PATACANCHA.
Luego del desayuno empezamos la caminata con destino a nuestro segundo campamento este día empezamos temprano ya que ascenderemos pasando por el abra Ipsay, en el trayecto apreciaremos diferentes comunidades campesinas así también diferentes costumbres y los textiles que ellos mismos tejen para su uso diario. Llegaremos a la laguna de Ipsaycocha lugar donde será el almuerzo, después de una siesta continuaremos hacia la localidad de Patacancha donde pasaremos la segunda noche.
Day 03: PATACANCHA -WILLOQ -OLLANTAYTAMBO.
After breakfast we will continue with our walk to the small town of Willoq, town with original customs, we will also pass through small towns during the course of our walk we will be able to observe the archaeological remains of Q´ochapata and Pumamarca. At approximately 2:00 pm we will arrive at the town of Ollantaytambo, after lunch, we will board the train to Aguas Calientes, dinner on your own, and finally we will spend the last night in a lodging with private bath and hot water.
Day 04: MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO.
05.00 am Breakfast, 05.30 am We will leave by bus to the Inca city of Machupicchu to see the sunrise (depending on the weather and disposition of admission tickets), after having the guided tour of approximately 2 hours, you will go down to Aguas Calientes for lunch, Briefly stroll through the town and then board the train back to Cusco, we wait for you in Ollantaytambo or Poroy to take you to your hotel.
Questions & Answers
What time does this tour depart from Puerto Maldonado and arrive back in?
Arriving by bus?
- For people arriving by bus we start at 8:30 a.m departing from our office in Puerto Maldonado
Arriving by Plane?
- The first plane arriving to Puerto Maldonado is around 10:00 am and the last plane arrives at 4 p.m , so our first group will start the tour around 11:20
- For peope arriving later than 12:00 pm we will start tour around 1:00 p.m, for LATAM airlines arriving at 4:00 p.m we will start thetour as soon as posible
Already in Puerto Maldonado?
- For people that are already in a hotel the pick up will be around 8:00 a.m and start tour at 8:30 a.m approximately
What to bring for this 4 days tambopata tour?
Amazon Rainforest suggested list excursion
- Backpack rain cove
- Mesh laundry bag
- Toiletry bag with hygiene essentials
- one quart largemouth water bottles (we will provide you with water so you can refill it any time)
- Small headlamp with a L.E.D. bulb & extra batteries
- water shoes ( We will provide you with rubber boots at Jungle Lodge)
- Chaco o Teva type sandals
- 1 bottle of DEET bug repellent
- 1 bottle of sun screen (waterproof)
- 4 pairs of socks
- 4 pairs of underwear
- 1 bathing suits
- 2 shorts
- 1 rain jacket or plastic poncho
- 1 long sleeve shirts
- 4 short sleeve shirts
- winter jacket and shell
- 1 sweatshirts or sweaters
- wide brim hat
Pocket size English/Spanish dictionary
Guide book for Peru (lonely planet, rough guide, or similar) At least 1 novel to read
- 1 set Gore-Tex (or similar waterproof breathable material) pants and jacket storm gear
- Watch with alarm
- snorkel, fins, mask
- approach or summer hiking boot
- digital camera
Useful things to know before you go
- S/. Sol
- $/. Dollar
There are no vaccines required to enter Peru. If you decide to take medicines. These are suggested indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel.
- For HEPATITIS B
Recommended for Peru. Normally 2 months before travel.
- For RABIES
Recommended for Peru. Normally 1 month before travel.
- For YELLOW FEVER
Recommended for Peru. Normally 10 days before travel.
- Depending on the accommodation in the jungle, electricity hours are limited during the day, most hotels offer several hours in the evening, usually until 10 pm, allowing travelers to charge their personal items.