Day 1: CUSCO -WAYLLABAMBA :
At 06.00 in the morning we will pick you up from the hotel in the car that will take us to kilometer 82, where we will arrive approx. at 9.00 a.m. We continue with the control of the tickets and weight to carry and then start the walk. This first day is beautiful and the first kilometers are easy to walk. We will have a beautiful view of the snowy Veronica and we will also walk near the Vilcanota River until we reach the archaeological complex of Llactapata, after lunch we continue walking to our first camp in Wayllabamba we will have a hot drink with snacks and prepare to spend the night after of a good dinner.
DAY 2: Huayllabamba - Pacaymayu
After breakfast, the Inca trail takes us to the highest point, passing through different climatic and ecological zones as we ascend the Warmiwañusca mountain pass (4200 masl). The hike will be uphill to the pass and in the first section we will see a lot of native vegetation and as we continue to climb along the path, you will see less vegetation, as we move towards the highest point. After approximately 5 hours, we reach the top of the mountain and stop to rest and take the classic photos of this majestic landscape. We begin our descent to the camp, located an hour downhill in the Pacaymayu Valley (3600 masl) where we have lunch, dinner and rest. Overnight.
Day 3: Pacaymayu - Wiñay wayna.
Pacaymayo-Runcuracay, 3900 m. Sayacmarca- Phuyupatamarca (the city of clouds). And camp through the ruins of Wiñay Wayna (always young), the last camp at 2500 meters above sea level.
Day 4: Wiñay Wayna - Machupicchu – Cusco
Early wake up in the morning to walk (5:00) and begin the last section of the magical Inca Trail. From Wiñay Wayna to Intipunku is an easy hike, followed by a flat road, which winds through comfortably lit bushes and forests. In less than an hour, we reach Intipunku (the Puerta del Sol), through the rectangular door you can see Machu Picchu. From the Puerta del Sol, a road leads downhill, for approximately one hour, directly to the entrance of Machu Picchu. The tour lasts two hours and we usually offer a short free time afterwards. Once we visited Machupicchu, we take the 18:20 train to arrive at Ollantaytambo around 20:10 and we get on a 1 hour and a half bus to Cusco.
Questions & Answers
What time does this tour depart from Puerto Maldonado and arrive back in?
Arriving by bus?
- For people arriving by bus we start at 8:30 a.m departing from our office in Puerto Maldonado
Arriving by Plane?
- The first plane arriving to Puerto Maldonado is around 10:00 am and the last plane arrives at 4 p.m , so our first group will start the tour around 11:20
- For peope arriving later than 12:00 pm we will start tour around 1:00 p.m, for LATAM airlines arriving at 4:00 p.m we will start thetour as soon as posible
Already in Puerto Maldonado?
- For people that are already in a hotel the pick up will be around 8:00 a.m and start tour at 8:30 a.m approximately
What to bring for this 4 days tambopata tour?
Amazon Rainforest suggested list excursion
- Backpack rain cove
- Mesh laundry bag
- Toiletry bag with hygiene essentials
- one quart largemouth water bottles (we will provide you with water so you can refill it any time)
- Small headlamp with a L.E.D. bulb & extra batteries
- water shoes ( We will provide you with rubber boots at Jungle Lodge)
- Chaco o Teva type sandals
- 1 bottle of DEET bug repellent
- 1 bottle of sun screen (waterproof)
- 4 pairs of socks
- 4 pairs of underwear
- 1 bathing suits
- 2 shorts
- 1 rain jacket or plastic poncho
- 1 long sleeve shirts
- 4 short sleeve shirts
- winter jacket and shell
- 1 sweatshirts or sweaters
- wide brim hat
Pocket size English/Spanish dictionary
Guide book for Peru (lonely planet, rough guide, or similar) At least 1 novel to read
- 1 set Gore-Tex (or similar waterproof breathable material) pants and jacket storm gear
- Watch with alarm
- snorkel, fins, mask
- approach or summer hiking boot
- digital camera
Useful things to know before you go
- S/. Sol
- $/. Dollar
There are no vaccines required to enter Peru. If you decide to take medicines. These are suggested indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel.
- For HEPATITIS B
Recommended for Peru. Normally 2 months before travel.
- For RABIES
Recommended for Peru. Normally 1 month before travel.
- For YELLOW FEVER
Recommended for Peru. Normally 10 days before travel.
- Depending on the accommodation in the jungle, electricity hours are limited during the day, most hotels offer several hours in the evening, usually until 10 pm, allowing travelers to charge their personal items.